If you need to moor up quickly in an unfamiliar mooring, the tide is running, there are strong cross winds, you are short-handed or you have an inexperienced crew, the Swiftie is a unique device which will enable you to install mooring and safety lines to all types of structures quickly and easily.
Developed and designed by Seaswift Products, it is a unique but simple device which thousands have relied on in some of the most arduous weather conditions both on land and offshore. Since its launch some 30 years ago, its design has been refined over time to make it the most versatile trouble free rope installer available today.
- Swiftie 50 – 50 mm capacity – with or without telescopic pole extension
- Swiftie 50 Plus – 50mm capacity with reinforced spring action – available with or without telescopic pole extension
- Swiftie 100 – large 100 mm capacity manufactured from stainless steel for industrial use
- Swiftie 125 – GRP 125 mm capacity, manufactured from glass reinforced plastic
- Swiftie 160 – 160 mm capacity manufactured from stainless steel for industrial use
To use the Swiftie, attach the mooring rope or safety line to the feeder line using a ‘sheet bend’ knot.
- Approach the mooring with a little tension on the feed line of the Swiftie, aiming the middle of the crossbar towards the target and then push through the structure. This will push the arm back, opening the Swiftie.
- Continue to push forward until the cross-arm closes again.
- Once the arm closes, pull backwards on the pole which will open the cross-arm in the opposite direction enabling the rope to pass around your target.
The Swiftie has been designed as a solution for installing mooring rope and should not be used for permanent mooring. For long term mooring, please fasten the mooring directly to a riser chain.
For further information, click here